Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hello, all - Here's the latest from Tinker.

Dear Cousins,

I want all of you to know that I decided to stay here in Connecticut with Mother and Jennifer until Mother passes away. I had thought that I should return for my students' sakes, but then ..... Last night I had my suitcase almost completely packed, then finally realized that I really did not want to leave. I prayed for awhile, then talked with Jennifer about it, then canceled my flight, which was today at noon. Jennifer didn't want me to stay on her account, but I told her I WANT to stay! I'm sure my students will manage just fine without me for a couple of weeks! The doctors and nurses think that Mother probably will not last more than another week or so, but of course that is not in our hands. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Miracles happen every day! But another kind of miracle is to have had a very loving, cheerful, enthusiastic, life-loving Mother for all these years, and it will be another miracle if Mother's passing into the next world is without any pain or suffering for her, which seems very possible. I believe that God will welcome her home when it is the right time for her to go. Jennifer and I are doing well, considering. I'm VERY glad and relieved about having decided to stay, and Jennifer continues to be strong and practical amidst the sadness we both feel. Mother seems to be very comfortable, which is a wonderful comfort for all of us. Mother's doctors at the hospital here, her attending physician from the Hospice agency, and the LVN and RN nurses caring for her here at Jennifer's home have all been excellent and very caring.

Love,
Tinker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home